As soon as I finished planning on my destinations, I started to plan my packing list. I’ll be on the road indefinitely, and I only want to have one backpack with me since I hate having two backpacks, one on my back and another one on my front. I’d rather have only one backpack. Less hassle. Although I have one foldable bag that I can use as a day bag when I am exploring the place.PACKING TIPS: Pack smart. Pack light. As much as possible, bring only what you need.Click To Tweet
Last March before my Singapore trip, I bought a hot pink 40 Liters backpack from CabinZero. Why I choose CabinZero among other recommended backpacks for travelers? CabinZero specializes in making a cabin sized backpacks for all types of travelers. Their backpacks meet every airline’s rules about hand carry bags, therefore using one will let you skip the check-in bag fees. In fact, I never bought check-in baggage in all of my travels.
- 2 dresses
- 7 tops
- 1 swimwear
- 5 regular bras
- 1 sports bra
- 14 underwear
- 4 pairs of socks
- 2 scarves (big & small)
- 1 jacket
- 1 pants (not denim)
- 1 leggings
- 2 shorts
- 1 pair of flip flops
- 1 pair of shoes (sneakers or running shoes)
- insect repellent
- eye mask
- accessories (bling-blings)
- 1 microfiber towel (quick dry)
- 2 face towels
- first aid kit (some medicines, band-aids, etc.)
- 1 padlock
- MacBook Pro
- iPhone 7
- Go Pro Hero 4 Silver
- Nikon D5200
- Chargers and Adapters
- 1 Power Bank
- 1 Monopod
- 3 flash drives
- 3 SD card (1 for GoPro; 2 for DSLR)
- 1 hard drive
- Roll your clothes to save space.
- Have packing cubes.
- Choose lightweight fabrics (the heaviest clothes that I have are my denim pants, one from my two dress, and my jacket)
- Don’t pack a regular bath towel, pack a microfiber quick dry bath towel instead.
- Don’t pack shampoo and conditioner, pick one up when you land to your destination. Some hostels provide toiletries, used it!
- Pick a backpack with a lot of pockets inside or outside of the bag (Although mine is not, this is still worthy advice for you!).
- Maximize the use of the pockets and straps of your bags, both inside and outside. Also, please choose a backpack with a padded strap. You will thank it in a long way.
- Buy a zip lock laundry bag to keep your clean clothes separated from the dirty ones. If you buy a packing cube set, allot one packing cube to be your laundry bag.
- Wash your clothes every after a bath. If doing this is not possible, always make sure to allot a specific day where you will do your laundry. Never move to another destination with laundries with you. Most hostels offer free laundry service, but it would be self-service.
- Do not bring too many clothes. You can buy one along the way, or you can swap clothes with other travelers you met along the way.
DISCLAIMER: This post is not sponsored or affiliated with CabinZero. I only mentioned CabinZero here because of the obvious reason that I use (and love) their backpack.
What are your must-have items when packing for a trip? Are you a light packer or do you usually bring everything? Share your thoughts in the comment section below. I’d love to hear about it!
This post might be helpful when you’re planning what to pack on your travels. Hover the image on the left and pin it for later!